I don’t use Yahoo email but I heard this query from my friend today. Apparently, if you have a email@example.com or other country suffix such as .co.uk, the automatic setup for Yahoo mail through the built in email application would not work.
To setup these accounts:
- Launch Email
- Enter the email account and password and tap Manual setup. Selecting next would result in automatic configuration and that is not working.
- Choose between IMAP or POP3. POP3 access would need to be enabled first. This can be done through the Yahoo Mail website via your computer. It can be found under Options -> Mail Options -> POP & Forwarding
- Fill in the incoming server settings and tap Next.
Incoming Server: imap.mail.yahoo.com (ignore the country suffix, .sg or .co.uk)
Port: 993 (requires SSL)
User name: full email address (for example, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Fill in the outgoing server settings and tap Next.
Outgoing Server: smtp.mail.yahoo.com
Port: 465 (requires SSL/TLS)
- On Account options screen, select the timing for Email check frequency, tick Sync Email and tick Notify me when email arrives.
- That’s it. You’re done.
Hope it helps those who are trying to configure or setup your Yahoo! Mail on your Samsung Galaxy S3/S4/S5 and for your Samsung Galaxy Note 2/3 as well. If Yahoo is your primary email address, how about using the Yahoo Mail App instead? Search Yahoo Mail on Google Play. It’s designed just for your Android phone and provides push mail, i.e. get instant notifications when new mail arrives.