How to: Rooting the MK808
The MK808 is a great little pocket android computer for US$65. It has decent specifications (a dual core RK3066 Cortex A9, 1 gb RAM, Jelly Bean 4.1.1) and has a mini HDMI for you to connect to your TV. Read more from our MK808 review here. If you wish to root your MK808, and install apps like Titanium Backup, I have listed the instructions here.
Enable ADB for the MK808
- Install Launcher Pro.
- Create a shortcut on the home screen that points to Development Settings – Shortcuts->Activities->Settings->Development.
- Click on the shortcut and enable USB debugging
- Install ADB drivers on your computer
- Download and Install moborobo
- Download and Install SuperOneClick
- Run TPSparkyRoot.bat
- Follow on-screen instructions
- Now that your device is rooted, install SuperSU or Superuser from Google Play Store
Credits: deadhp1 – armtvtech forums