The Lumia 830 announced previously at IFA 2014, is a phone that prides itself as a camera first. The 830 packs a great lens together with a phone that well, isn’t too expensive. It would be available in Singapore from 27 September 2014.
Don’t baulk at the fact that the lens only offer 10 megapixel, as compared to some of the other 16megapixel and 20megapixel shooter, this 830 packs one of the best camera technology from Nokia – the PureView sensor. Yes, it is not the original 41MP sensor but there are still some improvements such as the slim OIS module. The new sensor features 6-lens Zeiss optics, backside illumination, and genuine 16:9 sensor format. The sensor’s light sensitivity can go up to a pretty high 3200 ISO count, which, coupled with the slower shutter speeds made possible by the stabilisation tech, should make for improved night and low light perforamnce. Noise at such a high iso would be a concern but the OIS should help out.
The 10mp is also sufficient for those times when you need to rely on digital zoom unlike HTC’s ultrapixel 4mp technology. However, Microsoft should have done better on the front-facing camera though – which only offers a paltry 0.9 megapixel. If I am valuing the camera features more than the phone, I would expect both lens to be better than average, not worse.
The Lumia 830 runs on the latest version of Windows Phone 8.1 with Lumia Denim, and comes with a 5″ CLearBlack display, which is based off AmoLed, and supports wireless charging. The Lumia 830 will be priced at SGD$529 at Nokia Stores, Nokia Solution Partners and all local operators (Singtel, Starhub, M1) with their respective mobile plans.
Please find the media release attached and appended below for your kind reference.
Read more for the full press release and tech specs.
|Operating System||Windows Phone 8.1 with Lumia Denim|
|Display||5” ClearBlack IPS-LCD 1280*720p screen|
|Sunlight Readability||Curved (“2.25D”) Gorilla 3.0 glass, Super Sensitive Touch for glove and nail usage|
|Battery||Removable 2200 mAh battery, Integrated Qi wireless charging|
|Connectivity||Bluetooth 4.0; IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n; Screen Projection through WiFi|
|Processor||1.2 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor|
|Main Camera||PureView 10 MP with Optical Image Stabilization, LED flash, ZEISS optics|
|Front Facing Camera||0.9 MP, 720p video|
|Memory||16GB + 15GB free OneDrive, micro SD up to 128GB|
Lumia 830 Now Available In Singapore – Bringing flagship style and performance to more people with integrated Microsoft experiences and superior PureView imaging
Microsoft today announced the availability of the affordable flagship Lumia 830 in Singapore for SGD529. With a premium design, superior PureView imaging and integrated Microsoft services, Lumia 830 makes high-end innovation more affordable.
With from the best of Windows Phone 8.1, and packing the very best Lumia innovations including Wireless Charging, Optimized Image Stabilization and SensorCore into an ultra-sleek package, the Lumia 830 delivers:
- Incredible image and video quality, day or night, Lumia 830 captures sharp images with a 10-megapixel PureView camera with ZEISS optics, Rich Recording, and our thinnest optical image stabilization system to date.
- Capture expressions and emotions with Living Images that make your camera roll come alive, and share on social networks using Storyteller.
- The latest version of Windows Phone 8.1 with Lumia Denim, providing faster connections to everything that matters with Notification Center, Live Tiles and Microsoft Office
- Microsoft OneDrive and Microsoft Office with Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint available out of the box for leading productivity on the go.
- Live, sync, and instantly share with 15GB of OneDrive storage, which securely connects content with friends, family, and colleagues on the go.
- A world of apps including Instagram, Adidas miCoach, Vimeo, and Flipboard – plus apps that sync across devices so you can pick up where you left off.
- A powerful Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 400 processor, featuring quad-core CPUs at 1.2 GHz, delivers a fast and smooth web browsing, gaming, and overall user experience on a beautiful, sharp 5-inch ClearBlack display.
- ‘SensorCore’ low-power motion sensing tracks motion and location even while the phone is ‘asleep’ in your pocket – perfect for exercise and exploration – for apps like Bing Health and Fitness, and Adidas miCoach.
- The 2200 mAh battery keeps you going, while built-in wireless charging adds convenience (charging pad sold separately).
- Works with the second generation ‘Smart Wireless Charging Plate’, which makes the most convenient way to charge even better by interacting with Lumia smartphones to alert people when to charge with a subtle glow.
“With integrated Microsoft services such as Skype, Microsoft Office and OneDrive combined with amazing innovations in design and imaging and a wealth of other great features, the Lumia 830 delivers the best productivity and experiences from our flagship smartphones at a more affordable price, underscoring Microsoft’s commitment to offer a competitive Windows Phone 8.1 smartphone for everyone,” said Bruce Howe, General Manager, Microsoft Mobile Devices Sales for Singapore, Malaysia and Brunei. “The Lumia 830 combines the best of Microsoft’s digital work, high end style and performance in a sleek design. Add to that industry leading Microsoft experiences and superior PureView imaging and it makes the Lumia 830 an attractive proposition for customers who demand the best connectivity and experiences.”
The Lumia 830 will be available in Singapore at Nokia Stores and Nokia Solution Partners from 27 September 2014, Saturday, at a recommended retail price of SGD529. All 3 local operators will also be retailing the device with attractive data plans. The Lumia 830 will be available in a range of colours including bright orange, bright green, white and black.