The LG L60 is a budget choice for non camera users at S$160. Specifications are on the low side, but pricing is also cheaper compared to the Ino and SG Hitech phones. Take note that the L60 is a camera removed model, and it comes with an included certificate to indicate that the camera is removed. You would likely need to get a MINDEF MSD approved sticker in order to use the phone in red zone.
Specifications of the L60 (Non Camera)
- NETWORK: 2G / 3G
- DIMENSIONS: 124.1 x 66.3 x 11.8 mm (4.89 x 2.61 x 0.46 in)
- WEIGHT: 119 g
- SIM: Micro-SIM – Single slot
- DISPLAY: 480 x 800, TFT, 4.3 inches
- MULTITOUCH: Yes
- OS: Android OS, v4.4.2 (KitKat)
- CPU: Dual-core 1.3 GHz
- GPU: Adreno 305
- RAM: 512 MB RAM
- STORAGE: Internal 4 GB, with micro SD slot
- CAMERA: N/A
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, hotspot
- BLUETOOTH: Bluetooth v4.0, A2DP
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS
- RADIO: FM radio
- USB: microUSB v2.0
- BATTERY: Li-Ion 1540 mAh battery
- BOX CONTENTS: 1 x LG L60 Dual 4GB (Non-Camera Edition) Black x Charger x Micro USB Data Cable x Headset x Battery x Quick Start Guide x Warranty Card x Removal Camera Certificate
The LG L60 was first announced in 2014. For only S$160, it’s specifications are predictably basic. Yet, the build quality form the South Korean mobile maker is decent. The phone is a good compact design, with a simple textured back. It uses capacitive buttons at the bottom, which helps ensure maximum screen size. At 4.3 inches, every bit counts. The microSD slot is an essential feature here as the phone comes with only 4 GB of internal storage. Like other LG phones, it sports the UX 3.0 styling, and also has the same knockon feature which can be found on its high-end counterparts.
The L60 comes with KitKat out of the box. An upgrade to Lollipop might be possible through custom ROMs. Instructions can be googled but I was not able to verify the source of the ROM, so do so at your own risk. Unless the upgrade is to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop, it might be not the best thing to upgrade the ROM as the initial roll out of Lollipop was quite buggy.
Price and Availability
The LG L60 Non Camera Phone is available from Qoo10 through J2Mobile at S$160.