The miniscule LG Minibeam Nano PV150G delivers high mobility and versatility to consumers for an enjoyable cinematic experience without the inconvenience of wires and weight.
LG is offering the Minibeam Nano as a free gift for selected TV models as part of their LG Red Fair promotion. Mobile projectors can be quite the fun, albeit extravagant gadget. For the mobile lifestylers, or those with small places, a mini projector can be described as a big screen TV that fits into your hand. All you need is a white surface to project it on. However, most of the mini projectors offer low brightness, some of the China ones are notoriously low, at only 20 lumens. At least this LG Minibeam Nano is rated 5x brighter at 100 lumens. But outside of a dark room, the image isn’t going to be that great.
But otherwise, there’s quite a nice feature set. It weighs only 270g, palm-sized for easy portability. There’s wireless mirroring function that allows it to effortlessly connects to a smartphone or tablet for instantaneous viewing on a big screen. It’s Miracast / Wi-Fi Direct technology so Android / Windows only. The Minibeam Nano can play and project movies, photos, music and even office documents directly from portable USB drives. And with a 3,800mAh battery, it’s good for 2 hours on battery power alone.
The Minibeam Nano’s advanced LED lamp displays rich and natural colors and is rated for 30,000 hours, equivalent to a lifespan of 10 years if viewed 8 hours a day. The Auto Keystone function automatically adjusts and controls the projected image, optimizing the angle for the best viewing experience. And finally, image size, it’s good for a picture up to 100 inches diagonally, with a throw distance of 3.625m.
- Native Resolution: 854 x 480 (WVGA)
- Brightness : 100 ANSI lumens
- Contrast Ratio: 100,000:1 (Full On / Full Off)
- Illumination: RGB LED (Lifespan: up to 30,000 hours)
- Image Size: up to 100 inches (Wall-to-Lens Distance: 3.625m)
- Throw Ratio: 1.64 (Normal Throw)
- Battery : Built-in (Up to 2 hours)
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Dimensions (W/D/H): 108 x 103 x 44mm
- Weight: 270g
- Sound : Built-in (1W Mono)
- Screen Share: Wired and Wireless Mirroring with Smartphone / Tablet / PC
- USB Support: HD DivX / Office Viewer
- HDMI: Supports up to Full HD input
- Power Source: 100-240V AC-DC Adapter / 3,800mAh Battery
From now to August 10, 2015, get a free LG Minibeam Nano projector worth $599 with the purchase of the following TV models during the LG Red Fair period:
You can read about the 2015 LG TV Line Up here.